Monday 26 March 2012

读书,怎么办?Time to Study and I Feel Like... HOW? (Part 2)

Think positively, live worthily. (Ha ha, Live Worthily is the tagline of my secondary school, for your information)



Live your live vibrantly and to the fullest! Oh yes, I am going to watch television and Facebook all day long! These are what I live for. They make me happy!

Oh-oh, wait, there's a catch. "Celebrating" life in such an unruly way will not do you any good. Don't get me mistaken; what I am trying to convey is that embracing your life is all about peppering your life with all things enthralling without leaving your priorities aside. Taking control of your own life by doing it as you wish? Gosh, there would be chaos then. THIRD WORLD WAR!!!

Remember, life is a bed of roses with thorns. It may seem appealing and perfect on the outside, but the ocean of life is rough and choppy; it has its ups and downs. YOU have to brave the ocean by yourself; the people around are you are the sailors and oars that will only assist you to get through it.

As for me, I often hold on to this old quote: "Failing to plan is planning to fail". I am sure that you have heard this for thousands of times. Thus, you have to realize your priorities and list them at the first place. For instance, for students like you and me, studying is obviously on the top of our list, and education can change our lives. Thus, it is better if you pay LOTS of focus in your academic. It is not a hard task at all (if compared to those "homework" done by the adults. You get it, right?); it is all in a day's work. Racing against time with an overflowing amount of homework, burying your heads in thick reference books, staying back every week for that annoying and tiring extra classes... These are all in a day's work.

So, you might be asking: OKAY, my priority is to STUDY. I have to do nothing but to STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, right?

Gotcha!

You got me WRONG!

Mind you, who looks forward towards kissing your not-at-all-soft exercise books for the entire day? Or gripping your pen until it was almost glued to your fingers, simply for your essays? Who wants to sit in front of the study table at all times? Who does not embrace going to the field and sweat out like a pig-with their besties?

Like, seriously? "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!"

Thus, be rest assured and relieved that you need not be a study-mania who sits in front of the table 24/7 and does only writing and reading. You can still take pleasure in your hobbies and have light moments of your own. You can still hang out with your friends for "yum-cha" (Tea break), go for movies, sit back for your favourite Korean dramas or even daydream-it's up to you! Do not go overboard, that's all.




My Way. Sharon's Way.

I must admit, I am by NO MEANS the person who arranges her priorities best. In fact, I am quite a daydreamer and always end up losing my train of thought. Fortunately, I know who I am and what my pririties are.

I quit the internet a month prior to the internal examinations (during my last two years in school) and two months prior to SPM. By doing this, I can reduce distractions, since I am passionate about the Internet-and in a die-hard way as well! I simply can't live without it, but somehow I managed to push my life through offline.

I was diagnosed with Severe Acute Internet Addiction syndrome back in 2010 when I was in Form Four, the so-called honeymoon year for many. Well, it was due to games! Social games! Games were part and parcel of my life back then, and I even picked up a fight with my parents just to take care of my virtual pet. (Yes, it was a pet game. Ain't I childish?) For this, too, I was often caught red-handed playing games whilst researching for information online. There were always the same excuses dished out: "It was just for the ads!" or otherwise, "The internet was down!" I spent so much time on the Internet that I ended up being placed seventh during my monthly examinations.

Being announced as the Best student in PMR for 2009 had changed my life drastically indeed. I was being pulled away from my virtual fantasy. Immediately, something rang in my mind.

"Hey Sharon! Look at your accomplishments a year ago. Do you want to ruin your life that way-for a virtual pet? Trust me, you can still shine!"

I was dumbstruck. I was stunned and all of a sudden, I felt like as if I had being pulled out of my wonderland. And turned sober. And soon got something into my otherwise blurred head. I MUST EXCEL IN MY FORM FOUR! (Oh yes, I am another kiasu perfectionist as well. I am EXTREMELY PICKY on everything but food.)

Thus, another drastic decision was made. Quit the game. It was on 3 November 2010. I have never ever accessed to any social games ever since.


Of course, as I had said earlier, do not allow studies to take a toll on your teenage life. Studying under pressure will only add insult to injury. Feel free (and whenever possible, it is always BETTER) to take part in mental and physical-building activities tailored specially for teens, such as competitions, camps, meetings for the society, voluntary jobs and sports. They will not affect your studies, so as long as you allocate a suitable amount of time for these. An entire day of activities without studies does not make sense too!

Hope you guys can have a better picture on making your own priorities and plan them well. You will NEVER regret it.



生活,要活出充实,活出精彩!哇,太好了!我要全天候守在电视机前,读面子书!这是我的生活,非常精彩,而且是我的最爱!我为看戏、上网而活!

噢,等等!以这种颓废的方式享受生活,对你百弊而无一利。别误会我哦!我只想说,庆祝人生,就要在兼顾学业等等重要事情的情况下,以各种有益身心的嗜好点缀人生。我行我素?各个拥有无限自由?放心吧,世界第三大战即将爆发!

漫长的生活大道,正如一堆带刺的玫瑰花儿。外表瑰丽,其实不然。打从我们呱呱坠地开始,我们就像船长,掌舵自己的生活方向,渡过海浪滔滔的汪洋。朋友、亲人则是在旁协助的舵手;帮你渡过难关。不过,最终,还是船长决定目的地。长期依赖别人,要不得!

我坚信,失败于计划,等同于计划失败。听腻了吧?哈哈哈。那么,你们要明白自己的责任,别顾此失彼。比方说,学生最大的责任,莫过于读书、学习。况且,教育能改变人生呢!

很暗,对不对?XD

所以说,你们要对学业注入万二分心!读书虽难,但是,比起那些在社会大学就读的工作阶级人士所读的“书”,简直就是小巫见大巫。为了功课和时间赛跑;为了迫在眉睫的考试而埋头苦读;累跨了还要呆在校园上补习班······早已司空见惯,不足为奇。能适应就好!

那好。或许,在你们的心中,会有类似疑惑:既然我负责读书,那么,我就得全天候啥都不做,只有读书,读书,读书喽!



猜错了!

拜托一下啦喂,谁向往每天对着练习本,一点也不浪漫地对它亲亲我我呢?谁要长时间,握着钢笔,直到手发软?谁想长时间粘在书桌面前?谁不要出外和朋友玩个痛快?

没有娱乐,生活还真没趣,没有意义呢。

所以,朋友们,你们大可放下心头大石。考好成绩并非死背硬啃书所得到的!尽管享受爱好,寻找生活乐趣,找些拍档喝茶等,不要玩得乐不思蜀为上上之策!

雪人心得。

我要向你们大声承认,我并不是一个精于分配时间、把生活照理得有条不紊的人。况且,我是一个妄想主义者,还健忘得连五分钟前吃什么都会忘得一干二净!幸好,我很明确地知道,什么东西对我最好、最有益、最重要。

我是个百分百网迷。不过,为了考试、学业,我在校内考试前一个月停止上网;SPM之前两个月也如此。如此,我就会更专注于学业,避免分心。

来和你们分享我的一个秘密吧!

高中一,所谓的蜜月期。人家度蜜月,我则患上重度网络成迷症。社交游戏!那时的我,吃也游戏,读也是读面子书;冲凉如厕都是游戏!我甚至为了我的虚拟宠物而与爸爸妈妈翻脸或大打出手!(很幼稚,对不对?)当我偷偷在做功课时玩游戏而被撞破,我就会给这种白痴借口:

“网速慢啊!”

“那是广告啊!”

恭喜发财,我在月考时,一瞬间滑落至第七名!(活该的贪玩婆)

五月。颁奖典礼,虽普通,但是,却改变了我的一生。是的,我是2009年度校内最佳PMR考生。

我恍然大悟。对啊!我的过去表现也不俗,为什么,要为了一只虚拟宠物白送大好前程呢?

自此,我下定决心,一定要回头是岸。我一定要在高中一拼出春天!(而且,我也很怕输,很挑剔。食物除外。)

2010年11月3日,是我接触网络游戏的最后一天。

不过,朋友们,青春毕竟只有一回,不可虚度,也不可把青春锁在书桌上。强逼自己,最终自己碰壁。好好拥抱年少岁月吧!比赛、运动、自愿活动、爱好等等,少不了,因为它们是你迈向康庄大道的踏脚石。当然咯,不要光踊跃于课外活动,而忽略课业,这也不值得!

从今时今日起,认清什么对你最好。加油啊大家!

预告:时间管理。

Coming Up: Time Management.

0 Little Whisper(s):

Post a Comment