Thursday 8 March 2012

What Would I do If I won RM1million

     "Na si wa wu ji pa ban, ji ba ban...|" (If I have one million, one million in Hokkien)

     I have a strong affection towards that Hokkien song entitled "If I Have one million ". It may be a song from my parents' era, but its light, cute and catchy tune certainly sparked numerous imaginations in my brain. one million! What a huge amount indeed.

     That night, I returned to slumber with a smile on my face.

     "We hereby announce that Sharon Ng Huey Yuek has won the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game show this year! Here is RM1 million!" the television show host announced.

     What? I won RM1 million? Am I dreaming? Never in my wildest imaginations that pictured me, Sharon Ng Huey Yuek, rolling in money! I screamed out hysterically, RM1 million, RM 1MILLION! I was on the top of the world. I could utilise it to the maximum, you see.

     Wait, there is a catch. RM1 million is not a big deal compared to the property owned by international celebrities such as lady gaga, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Justin thus, in order to utilise this windfall, I must plan meticulously.

     I aim to produce money from money, to give myself some entertainment to wind down, and to share my bliss with my loved ones. Anyway, I am not THAT lavish. My money will not go into designer goods for sure, heavens.

     First and foremost, I will use around RM10,000 from that money to start an online shop. Thanks to my gift in arts, greeting card making is one of the hobbies which I will turn into serious business. I will invest in tools and join courses for card-making, carry out aggressive promotion via the social network and receive orders for tailor-made cards for that special occasion. Besides from making greeting cards, I will also make cute, miniature ornaments such as key chains and costume jewellery   for sale. I may practise "Go-Green" as well by churning the cut-outs from my exercise books and assembling them into intricately-designed diaries and notebooks to be marketed. Given the current era of globalization and the extensive usage of the Internet by people of various ages, I am confident that my network marketing strategy and talent will breed more money in turn.

     Next, I will buy a new bungalow worth RM300,000 for the comfort of my family. This is the perfect time to express my gratitude for my parents who have sacrificed their youth, energy and money to raise me. My house must have a lush garden as a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. At the same time, my parents can use that opportunity to exercise to maintain health. My bungalow should be equipped with five bed rooms, three bathrooms, a spacious living room and a stylish modern kitchen as well. In this way, my relatives will not need to search high and low for hotels whenever they pay a visit to my family. Nevertheless, I will not employ any maids; a lawnmover and two robots: Roomba and Scooba are enough to help with the daily household careers. My home will be powered with solar energy too.

     Besides that, I will purchase three terrace houses for homestay purposes. In this way, I can earn some cash by offering holiday-makers a comfortable place to live in at a budget price. Indeed, "There is no better place than home". Thus, I will employ some workers for the housekeeping. This is done to maintain a cosy atmosphere which resembles home. If I put in enough work, more clients will come to me. At the end of the year, I may have earned at least half a million!

     Meanwhile, I will take up baking to fend for myself. Well, it is purely because most Malaysians have a sweet tooth. In fact, I am passionate about the confectionery business as well. No, I will not attend baking courses at exhorbitant prices. I am not that naive to pay RM200 just to bake a wedding cake! Instead, I will put my money into quality baking utensils, ingredients and recipe books dedicated to pastries, bread, cakes and local desserts. Once again, I will market them online, but I will start a cafe at home as well. Thus, diners can savour the taste of local desserts and confections easily, while I make more money. This is what I call as a "win-win situation".

     However, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Hence, I will allow myself to let my hair down occasionally by indulging in a leisurely holidau locally with my parents. I have only RM1 million! Obviously, I am not going to pay huge bucks for a three-days vacation abroad. Malaysia itself has many scenic holiday destination to cater for tourists worldwide. Beaches and highlands are on the top of my list. Thus, my family will be able to go for a relaxing escapade at a shoestring price. Furthermore, I can manage my online business without much hassle during the free hours. Travelling locally is also patriotic as I can contribute to the local economy. Am I right?

     On top of that, I will purchase a luxurious yet cost-friendly Rush as my vehicle. Besides from being spacious and able to accommodate many people, this car has a low fuel consumption. It also costs less than a million, so I need not fret and complain over paying an expensive car loan.

     In spite of those business-making and spending, I will also have  to save up around ten or fifteen percent of my money from my RM1 million. As the saying goes, "Better safe than sorry:. These savings may be useful in the case of an emergency. Besides, my parents need to worry about money no more. I will also contribute part of my money to charity organizations to fund the underprivileged. In fact, everyone deserves a good life. We are all equal.

    RM1 million, Oh, I can really do a lot with it! I was totally absorbed in the thought of getting rich in no time...

     "Sharon, what on Earth are you doing? Get ready to school!" Aaarrrggghhh! My bossy mother was here, and my dreams are shattered. I woke up sleazily and lazily to get ready to school. Looking back at the condition of my house, I stopped for a moment. Can I ever get rich? Can I get RM1 million?

     Time to stop dreaming, Sharon. I told myself.

     Yes, it is time to move on for my first million. I will be a millionaire-no, but a MULTIBILLIONAIRE soon, if I work meticulously. I can do it!

0 Little Whisper(s):

Post a Comment